'02 Firebird - Transmission Slips at high RPMs !!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'02 Firebird - Transmission Slips at high RPMs !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 Firebird - Transmission Slips at high RPMs !!!

Last week, I noticed that my transmission slips (I don't know if that's the right way to call it) whenever my RPMs go above 4500 as if the car was on Neutral. I can see the RPM needle going all the way up and then it goes back down and into the next gear. The car works fine as long as I keep the RPMs below 4500 which is hard to do when I'm entering the freeway since I have to step on the gas to gain speed faster.
    Does that mean my transmission is dying? could it be something else? My car is a Firebird 2002.
    Any help/advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks

p.s. In the case my transmission is going out, where can I buy a used one? I'm trading in my car in one year so I don't want to spend too much money rebuilding it.
    Last edited by Georghino; 03-19-2007, 05:04 PM.
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Re: '02 Firebird - Transmission Slips at high RPMs !!!

change the fluid and filter and add a bottle of lucas to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fbody
      hey 3.8Fbody,
      have you experienced/seen this problem before and that's how you solved it? or you are just guessing.
      I just don't want to spend money on something that's not going to fix the problem.
      Any other suggestions?

Thanks
      Last edited by Georghino; 03-20-2007, 03:50 PM.
      2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

your description really does not make any sense

Comment

the tranny was slipping like that in my grandpas 77 camaro, we changed the fluid and added lucas and it hasnt slipped since.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fbody
            you need to do this because it will be the cheapest if any of the problems that this could be. If this doesn't fix it then you are looking into more expensive problems.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X