do i have it all??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have it all??

ok im finally getting my lsd and 3.73's in wed. and so far ive got the lsd, gears, mini install kit, gear oil, and lsd additive...am i all set to throw them suckers in or do i need anything else....i cant wait no more one wheeler peelers. lol

Re: do i have it all??

You taking it to a shop to install the gears? It is highly recommended to have a shop install the gears.
    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

do not install them yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
        do not install them yourself
        ....x2
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i really dont understand what you guys are afraid of the hardest thing is getting it shimmed right andd that just takes patiance

Comment

Originally posted by auto666
            i really dont understand what you guys are afraid of the hardest thing is getting it shimmed right andd that just takes patiance
            No, the hardest thing is getting the pinion depth correct. On our rears, they have to be set to within a thousandth of an inch, otherwise the gears will howl and fail prematurely, potentially taking out the entire rear axle with it.
            So you can either pay $300 now, or pay thousands to have your trashed rear replaced. Easy choice, IMO

Comment

no my g/f uncle is doing it for me for free he owns a big shop over here so i got that covered
              i just want to know if i need anything else for him or will that be all i havnt asked him

Comment

oh, in that case...

Unless your posi is an older, Auburn/Clutch-style posi, you shouldn't need to get a bottle of LSD additive. You may need an adjustible crush sleeve, but that depends if your installer wants one; it makes it easier, but isn't necessary. Also, the installer may want to replace the bearings, just to absolutely safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                  oh, in that case...

Unless your posi is an older, Auburn/Clutch-style posi, you shouldn't need to get a bottle of LSD additive.

But use it anyways.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by black95maro
                    ok im finally getting my lsd and 3.73's in wed.
                    You do realize that your speedometer will be WAY off?
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

o yea im expecting that

Comment

i dropped the car off tonight for the gears and posi to be put in but the worst part is im going to florida tom. so it will be 2 weeks before i can actaully enjoy them.........i hope its a decent differance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X