X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Ratios?

Sorry if this is a re-post but ive searched forums n stuff
    1994 3.4 camaro....what is the stock gear ratio? ive heard 3.23s but is it true?
    and would it be worth the time and money and acceleration to put 3.73s in the rear?

Re: Gear Ratios?

if you searched you would have found that it depends on your door codes what you got. So look on your door codes for a GU# and then report back
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
      if you searched you would have found that it depends on your door codes what you got. So look on your door codes for a GU# and then report back
      sorry to ask but where are the door codes located? on the driver side door sticker??

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
        sorry to ask but where are the door codes located? on the driver side door sticker??
        they are most commonly located on the side of your driver door. It's a sticker with a bunch of codes on it.

On my car, it's not there, the sticker is actually in the glovebox, so if you can't find it on the door, check there.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Auto or standard?

auto - 3.08's
          stick - 3.23's

(I think...it's that way for newer cars)
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by 1994camaroV6
            ive searched forums n stuff
            :bs: x10

Comment

Smoke Panther Quote:
              Originally Posted by 1994camaroV6

x10

actually i did search i typed in gear ratios and only 2 things came up so i said screw it lol...ill post it. ha, im impatient
              but i can't get that number off my door probably til the end of the week...camaros in the shop with a blown head gasket :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by 1994camaroV6
                Smoke Panther Quote:
                Originally Posted by 1994camaroV6

x10

actually i did search i typed in gear ratios and only 2 things came up so i said screw it lol...ill post it. ha, im impatient
                but i can't get that number off my door probably til the end of the week...camaros in the shop with a blown head gasket :rant:
                Congradulations, you just proved you're just another full-of-**** noob that can't admit when he's wrong

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ht=gear+ratios
                ^Post #9, posted by yours truly, found using the same search terms as you

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  Auto or standard?

auto - 3.08's
                  stick - 3.23's

(I think...it's that way for newer cars)
                  Thats not the way it is for 3.4s. My old 3.4 had 3.23s. All M5s have 3.23s. Y87 equipped comeros have 3.42s. Then, 3.8s w/o the Y87 had 3.08s.
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                    Congradulations, you just proved you're just another full-of-**** noob that can't admit when he's wrong

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ht=gear+ratios
                    ^Post #9, posted by yours truly, found using the same search terms as you

wow, your just an ******* to every body aren't u.... u know u were a noob once too

Comment

All 3.4 came with 3.23 regardless of trans.

I have 3.73 and love 'em. They're about the limit of what I'd find acceptable for highway travel. (2800rpm @ 80mph) 4.10's would add almost another 300rpm.
                      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                        u know u were a noob once too
                        Prove it, tough guy. Find one post where I asked a question that was stickied, find one post where I asked a question that was already asked a week ago, find one post where I said I searched and didn't find the answer, when the answer was clearly able to be found.

Comment

I think we've reached the end of this line..
                          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X