X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with my car?

1997 Camaro 3.8
    5 speed

So the other day, I'm driving and I stop at the stop sign. With my foot still on the clutch from when I stopped I try putting it into first. It wouldnt let me, so I keep it in neutral and take my foot off the clutch and I hear a clunking sound. Then it lets me shift. Now its getting to the point where whenever I stop and let off the clutch with it in neutral, I have to let off the clutch then hit it again. And its like it doesnt want to go into 2nd gear sometimes either. So I have to put it into neutral, let off the clutch, then shift it into gear. Never done this before...what the hell?

Re: What is wrong with my car?

Could be low clutch fluid, air in the hydraulic lines, bad slave cylinder, or worn throw out bearing.
    Check the cheapest and easiest first. Inspect the hydraulic fluid for the clutch. If it's low, fill it. I'd recommend that you re-bleed the clutch lines either way.
    sigpic

Comment

How do I check my clutch fluid? What fluid does it use?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088
        How do I check my clutch fluid? What fluid does it use?
        Go up to the top of this page, click on "drivetrain" then look at the 4th Sticky Post down posted by StrtRacer98.

To locate the reservoir, click HERE and scroll down to the 2nd post which is mine. There is a detailed writeup to finding the reservior.
        Last edited by hockeyman; 02-26-2007, 07:12 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X