98 Tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Tranny?

Well i went to the junk yard today to pick up my third tranny and as i put it in the truck i was lookin at it and it had tremic on it...r the 98+ trannies stronger than the 93-97 trannies?...

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Re: 98 Tranny?

Our trannies are Borg-Warners. They should be the same from 97- to 98+. The only T-5 tremecs I've heard about for our cars are aftermarket...
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

weird...it looks exactly like the others so i know that its the right one....tq arm mount and all...
      Last edited by SilverRS96; 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM.

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

I put a 2000 M5 in mine and it does say Tremec on it oppossed to my 96' that said borg warner. I don't know if their stronger or not. Only thing that had to be swapped was the VSS sensor on the tranny to get the correct signal to the speedo.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

how bad was that to swap out?

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

I had it done at the gm dealership my dad works at, runs the shop area. Had one of the mechanics put it in for $160.00. I would of attempted but it would of been a pain to do it without a lift. It took the mechanic about 2 hours to swap trannies, but he also built my engine for me , so he new my car well. From the looks of it and watching the process it didn't look to be too bad to do it but that was using a lift. I asked him how hard it would be to do in my garage and he said just more time consuming due to lack of area and trying to allign the tranny back in. Thats why my next tranny will be G-Force internals.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

JUst to let you know you will have to swap your tranny sensor from your old tranny if your using a 98' tranny , your speedo won't work otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                JUst to let you know you will have to swap your tranny sensor from your old tranny if your using a 98' tranny , your speedo won't work otherwise.
                what sensor and i gonna need to use? i have a spare sittin in my basement so i can just take them off that 1...this is the second time im swappin out a broken 1 so its not that bad...

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X