Trans fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans fluid

Quick question , if i drain all of my trans fluid threw the line that runs to the radiator how much do i need to add back into it? isnt it more then draining the pan and such?

Re: Trans fluid

most of the fluid in the tranny flows back into the pan not long after shutting of the car. you will get more from the pan and even more if you let it sit for a few hours. there is no telling how much will come out if you pull the lines
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

when we do a tranny flsuh at my work we use a machine, but we add 16quarts to the machine's tank

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

ah crud , well thanks for the info , i guess maybe i will just get a shop to do it , ive drained the pan once and it sucks so much

Comment

For just a pan drop and filter change its about 5 quarts, for complete overhaul its about 9 quarts. This if for a 1999 4l60E dont know if the other years are different.
          Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X