vibration in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration in drive

i get a tremendous vibration through out the car when stopped at a light in drive but as soon as i shift into nuetral the car smoothes out. i'm thinking its the transmission mount. has anybody changed the tranny mount and if so is it straight foward or are there ANY HIDDEN PROBLEMS. also is it a rubber or hydraulic mount. any help would be appreciated. its a 94 3.4 camaro
    thanks burtcam

Re: vibration in drive

Originally posted by burtcam
    i get a tremendous vibration through out the car when stopped at a light in drive but as soon as i shift into nuetral the car smoothes out. i'm thinking its the transmission mount. has anybody changed the tranny mount and if so is it straight foward or are there ANY HIDDEN PROBLEMS. also is it a rubber or hydraulic mount. any help would be appreciated. its a 94 3.4 camaro
    thanks burtcam
    I just fixed this exact problem on my 94 3.4. I changed the plugs and wires and cleaned the EGR and the problem has gone away. From what I've read, it could be a lot of different things though. I think I remember seeing that it could be plugs, wires, coils, EGR, O2, transmission, torque converter to name a few. Don't remember seeing anyone say that the trans mount caused this problem.

Comment

could be trans mount simple replacement. if your a do-it-yourselfer and can not find the cause, just start replacing the most likely and cheapest parts.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Trans mount is straight forward. Few bolts and R&R the part. Do the poly mount since you'll be there anyway. You'll get some vibes through the mount, but will last longer in the elements.
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X