Slick Automatic Transmission Treatment - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slick Automatic Transmission Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slick Automatic Transmission Treatment

I was down at the walmart today and saw this transmisson treatment ......... it looked good ......... i was just wondering what it is (content) and anyone ever used it on their 4l60e? ...........

INFO:
    Slick 50® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment
    The average age of a car on the road is 9.1 years. The automatic transmission fluids in high mileage vehicles can suffer from permanent viscosity loss and degradation in flowability. This out-of-spec transmission fluid can cause problems in the transmission such as wear, clunking, erratic or prolonged shifting, loss of torque, higher operating temperatures and automatic transmission fluid leaks. Most transmission treatments are added to try to fix a problem in a high mileage vehicle.

Slick 50® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment is formulated to help cure the problems and to prevent them from reoccurring. The shear stable additive in Slick 50® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment increases the viscosity of the transmission fluid back to the OEM spec and adds back vital compounds that are depleted over time. The restored transmission fluid will help improve shifting, protect against friction and heat, reduce leaking and maintain low temperature flowability. Slick 50® High Mileage Automatic Transmission Treatment comes with a 36,000 mile transmission limited warranty.
    • Helps to cure transmission problems of high mileage vehicles and prevent them from reoccurring
    • Helps improve shifting by restoring the viscosity of the transmission fluid
    • Helps protect against friction and heat
    • Helps maintain the viscosity of the automatic transmission fluid
    • Reduces leaking
    • Helps maintain low temperature flowability
    • Comes with a 36,000 mile transmission limited warranty

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: Slick Automatic Transmission Treatment

Wow you really took pics while in the store, and wrote down all the info?

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

" Comes with a 36,000 mile transmission limited warranty "

I do find that last line item funny. Only a person with no serious mechanical knowledge or background would fall for that marketing gimmick.

I would call the aftermarket transmission builders out there and ask for the truth what's good for the 4L60E.
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I dont know but I wonder we have a 1 year warranty with our transmissions I wonder if we were to put a bottle of that in each one if they would xstend it to 36000 miles hmm lol

Comment

I would only fool with Lucas products. Thats the only stuff I have ever seen that actually works.

Comment

+1! for lucas!
            It may heat up gears (because of oxidation) but it works
            (for a limited time)
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X