X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4.10s and an LSD

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
    lots of perf mods increase gas mileage ie exhaust, ignition, intake
    Pfft nah its a net loss. The more you mod the more your likely to WOT your car. Gas mileage does down even if the car may or may not be more efficient.

Edit: Unless you reach the point at which traction becomes a serious issue. Then your actually more likely to NOT WOT your car if you DD it. Ask andrew or geoff...
    Last edited by ReodDai; 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM.
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

i had gears like that on a 86 cutlass...highway/high speed driving sucked, gas mileage at higher speeds was terrible...It was tons of fun, and I really liked the perf of them, just it was a pain to drive on the highway to go to work, and it gas was really bad (hence it wouldn't be the best daily driver
      86 cutlass and a 3.8L v6 are two slightly different animals. If you don't mind sitting around 3 grand on the highway your commute with 4.10s won't be a problem.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

hence it wouldn't be the best daily driver
        2.73s aren't the best daily driver either...point is, you need to mod your car according to how and where you drive it

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
          2.73s aren't the best daily driver either...point is, you need to mod your car according to how and where you drive it
          Lies! Considering the application of the gearing before installation is pointless and not worth the effort... and you smell... of catfood...

Comment

i didn't say 2.73's were a the best daily driver, I just think finding gears somewhere in the middle between really high, and really low would be the best thing if your looking for a mix of performance and daily driving that's all...I think 3.73's would be more appropriate, and I'm really happy w/ my 3.42's...

and lots of perf products do increase gas mileage, it's how the driver drives after adding perf parts that determines gas mileage
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai
              Lies! Considering the application of the gearing before installation is pointless and not worth the effort... and you smell... of catfood...
              Either you suck at making jokes, or you're a complete imbecile. Either way, put more thought into your posts before you add them to a technical discussion.

i didn't say 2.73's were a the best daily driver, I just think finding gears somewhere in the middle between really high, and really low would be the best thing if your looking for a mix of performance and daily driving that's all...I think 3.73's would be more appropriate, and I'm really happy w/ my 3.42's...
              Ever hear the saying "jack of all trades, master of none"? If you pick average gearing, guess what? you're gonna have average output, both in the 60' and at the gas pump. And depending where you drive, you may be losing out. My car with 4.10s probably gets better gas mileage than yours does b/c it almost never goes on the highway...so not only do I beat you at the track, I also go to the pump less. Point is, trying to cover every area will inherently detract from other areas, resulting in a lukewarm product

Comment

Either you suck at making jokes, or you're a complete imbecile. Either way, put more thought into your posts before you add them to a technical discussion.
                Silly Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by ReodDai
                  Silly Chad.
                  so you suck at making jokes, Bo? ;)

Comment

so you suck at making jokes, Bo? ;)
                    I wouldn't say that. However, I will admit that was a pretty ****ty joke.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X