WTF is holding this tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is holding this tranny?

I can't figure out what's up. I have the tranny ready to pull. All the bolts are out and I have a gap almost all the way around. BUT something seems to be holding it right were the bottom bolt is, the one in front of the starter. The bolt is out and there is a small gap between the bellhousing and the engine on top of were the bolt goes, but on the bottom of that same part of the bellhousing will not move. What am I missing? I have wiggled the tail shaft to the point I feel that I could break the bellhousing.
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Re: WTF is holding this tranny?

Ok I got it. The guide pin was the problem. The sad thing is.....the rear main is as clean as it can be. I guess I didn't need to pull the tranny.
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

you cain still replace it, along w/the tranny rear seal while our at it
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

pulling the tranny makes fixing your oil pan gasket much easier. Why did you think it was the seal? didn't you say it was clean when you looked at it with the tranny in?
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

UPDATE: It wasn't the seal but it was the rear main seal plate gasket. I found it blown on one side. I have replaced the gasket and seal and reinstalled. Now to fix the broken exhaust bolts. Then all that is left is put the tranny and everything else back on, before I go to bed:eek:

Comment

Oh yes one other thing, I found that I'm missing a vacuum line. There is a line with a T on top of the tranny. It goes to the top of the tranny and to the back of the car, the third line is short with a check value" maybe" and thats it. I take it, it should be hooked up.

A little more coffee and back to work.

Comment

use this tranny to get ur tranny out

had to get this picture back

Comment

LOL.....Wel the tranny is back in, but I'm still not sure about the vacuume line, or is it a vent line? My wife thinks I lied to her when I told her the only way to fix the broken manifold bolts are new headers. I have the Pacesetter Amoured arriving tomorrow. She was really happy when I told her she gets the $25.00 a day Ford rental and I'm taken her Z71.

Comment

Originally posted by gman2000
                  LOL.....Wel the tranny is back in, but I'm still not sure about the vacuume line, or is it a vent line? My wife thinks I lied to her when I told her the only way to fix the broken manifold bolts are new headers. I have the Pacesetter Amoured arriving tomorrow. She was really happy when I told her she gets the $25.00 a day Ford rental and I'm taken her Z71.
                  bolts broke off into the heads?

Comment

No the manifold bolt of the Y-pipe. But I should have a set of manifolds, Y-pipe, Cat and s-pipe to get rid of soon. If I can finish this job and get back home Friday afternoon, I should have the exhaust done Saturday. I'm not leaving for China till the 17 "was the 15"So I could ship them out Monday or Tuesday. Some one make me an offer. All four of the manifold-Y-pipe bolts are broke.

Comment

Originally posted by gman2000
                      Oh yes one other thing, I found that I'm missing a vacuum line. There is a line with a T on top of the tranny. It goes to the top of the tranny and to the back of the car, the third line is short with a check value" maybe" and thats it. I take it, it should be hooked up.
                      You're fine. That's a vent.
                      1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

thats a vent , but you dont want to get crap inthere

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X