Rear end shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end shake

alright i was driving around town today runnign errands and all of a sudden my rear end started shaking like i had a flat tire so i pulled over and checked to make sure it wasnt which o course it wasnt so i got back in my car and continued to drive when it started doing it again i gave the car some gas to see if mayb that would help. it helped but almost 5 seconds after i let off the gas it did it again it continued to do that the whole time i was driving. it was wet out i dont kno if maybe that has anything to do with it. anybody got any ideas what this might be cause its really bugging me

Re: Rear end shake

Tire is out of balance. Egg in your tire. Tread is uneven. You need an alignment. Could be any of those and possibly more.

Comment

girlfriends rear ends to to shake...and we tend to like it

Comment

dangit figures i just had the tires checked probably gotta dish out a few more hundreds

Comment

Originally posted by 953.4camaro
          dangit figures i just had the tires checked probably gotta dish out a few more hundreds
          or just rotate them

Comment

Yeah, I definitely agree with rotating them. Before you shell out the money for new tires, or to just go get them balanced, try rotating them and see if that fixes your problem. Also check for correct tire pressure in each of them.

Comment

maybe your lugs loosened up and your wheel is trying to fall off.
              this happened to me once on the freeway in the rain with another car.
              i pulled over, cound not find a problem.. then i was able to take one of the lugs off with my finger tips.. put the wheel back on right and everything was fine - no thanks to discount tire.

Comment

If it just all of a sudden happened then something broke loose. The steel belt in your tire could have br0ke and you have a seperated tire. This will make your rear shake pretty bad. It also could be a U joint about to break (check this first!). I would check these things first. I mean think about it, you could have a dead cat wedged in your rim and its not going to throw the balance off enough to feel like crusing on a flat tire.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X