not once but 5 times!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not once but 5 times!!

its been raining here the last few days and my car has tried to wreck 5 times in just 1 day :eek: and even with traction control on it still tried to get out from under me so my question is...is open diff. any better then posi? cuz i nearly totaled my car and im beginning to hate open diff. im thinkin with traction control wouldnt posi be better as far as not losing control?

Re: not once but 5 times!!

i got the posi and it helps a little. As long as there's no cars or blunt objects around it's pretty fun to get my car loose. I've had it happen a few times where i had it slip when I didn't want it to, just takes quick hands to recover. You could get a posi unit but I don't know that it's going to be any better than the open. I would say to get it anyway as it will be better in dry conditions when you need to get going faster.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Posi would help you keep control more. But, once you break free, you're gone, while with an open, usually just one wheel breaks free. With a posi, since both wheels will get power, both will break free. Then, you either have to save it, or it will follow the grade of the road into the nearest object. it will take abit more to break the rear free with a posi than with an open, but once it's free, you'd better be able to control it. Sounds like it may be time for some new tires as well for you. You'd be suprised at how big of a difference they can make.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
        its been raining here the last few days and my car has tried to wreck 5 times in just 1 day :eek: and even with traction control on it still tried to get out from under me so my question is...is open diff. any better then posi? cuz i nearly totaled my car and im beginning to hate open diff. im thinkin with traction control wouldnt posi be better as far as not losing control?
        you are lucky you dont live near snow.

Comment

Don't worry about POSI right now. It does sound like you need new tires, that can grip better in wet conditions. I gurantee if you did get the LSD it wouldn't have almost wrecked 5 times, it would have. Once you have a limited slip back there, you have to adjust your reactions on how you pull a car back into control once it breaks free and being in wet conditions and it breaks free for the first time is not when you want to have to practice saving it.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
            you are lucky you dont live near snow.
            if i lived near snow ide have another vehicle lol and yeah my car probly needs tires some wider 1's would help too cuz these tires are probly as thin as they can get on these stock rims and i know about the once it breaks free its gone cuz well thats what happend to my gta not even 2 weeks after i got my license... and it was dry! but i wasnt really paying attention so yeah thats what happend. but about open diff 3 of those times it tried to turn when i was going strait so wouldnt posi keep u strait instead of tryin to spin out on a strait?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
              Don't worry about POSI right now. It does sound like you need new tires, that can grip better in wet conditions. I gurantee if you did get the LSD it wouldn't have almost wrecked 5 times, it would have. Once you have a limited slip back there, you have to adjust your reactions on how you pull a car back into control once it breaks free and being in wet conditions and it breaks free for the first time is not when you want to have to practice saving it.
              i pretty much know how to save it now too so i told my gf shes lucky im a decent driver or she and i wouldve been in a ditch lol

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                i pretty much know how to save it now too so i told my gf shes lucky im a decent driver or she and i wouldve been in a ditch lol
                real smooth... lose control of your car 5 times and you have the audacity to tell her she's lucky you're a decent driver... did she smile and nodd?

Comment

new tire new tire new tire... mom works at cooper and evertime i get a car the first thing i get is new tires for the winter. I can break loose with the stock ones, but when i get the new tires (good one, not cheap) i never have a problem.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Problem with rain? :WTF: ?
                    get rid of those uniroyal and get set of BF and you are set.

Comment

if your car is an auto try pushing the 2 gear start botton it will help you not spin as much

Comment

we have a second gear start button?
                        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

mine has an SGS button..i thought all the autos did but they might have gotten rid of that when they added traction control...?
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i do i dont know about any one eles

Comment

2nd gear start is optional.

i have also heard rumors it is a tranny killer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X