Diff. Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff. Question

Hey guys, will a auburn diff. out of a 1998 SS fit in a 1997 RS? Thanks!

1997 30th Anniversary Camaro.
    SLP CAI, Dynomax, PCM tune, SS Hood, Clear Corners, T-Tops, Sony Xplod

TEAM RED

Re: Diff. Question

It depends on what series the carriers are. What is your gear ratio and what is the gear ratio of the SS?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 3.08's and under are 2-series carriers and anything greater than 3.08's is a 3-series carrier.
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Right, as of right now I have the 3.08 gears with a 2 series carrier. I want to take the 3 series carrier from the 98 SS and put it in my 97 RS along with 3.42 gears. Will it work? ( I already have the gears, just need the carrier and I want to make sure it will fit before I buy it)

TEAM RED

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymatic
        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 3.08's and under are 2-series carriers and anything greater than 3.08's is a 3-series carrier.
        No. I have a set of Richmond 3.73s that are 2-series. You have to pop the cover and see if the gears are 2-series or 3

Comment

does anyone know?

TEAM RED

Comment

^I already told you; look at the ring-gear...if it's like 3/4 of an inch thick, they're 3-series...if they're greater than 1" thick, then they're 2-series.

Comment

does the extra thickness make them better because they are stronger or worse because thier is to mch back their?
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151539/1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151539/1</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X