gear/speed calculators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear/speed calculators?

I'm getting 4.11's installed next week, and want to make sure that the shop doesn't screw me and put 3.73s or worse in there. My butt-dyno is notoriously weak, so I'm gonna need hard numbers to confirm I have bigger gears.

Re: gear/speed calculators?

i dont think gears affect dyno numbers
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Itll be pretty easy to know. Especially going for 3.40s to 4.10s

Comment

there's calculators online. Just find one all you have to do is plug in total tire height, rear axle ratio, ratio of trans gear your in and it will give you the approximate speed you should be reading on your speedo. Match that up to a 4.10 and if it matches your good to go if not open a can of whoop *** on them for taking your money. Oh and I don't want to know why your "butt dyno" doesn't work.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by summitlt
          Itll be pretty easy to know. Especially going for 3.40s to 4.10s
          Originally posted by youngsc
          Oh and I don't want to know why your "butt dyno" doesn't work.
          I'm not very sensitive to mods that get put on my car...the only one I've felt was my cam. Only reason I knew I went from 3.23's to 3.73s, aside from doing the install myself, was my speedo being off...so I'm not anticipating being thrown into my back seat from going from 3.73s to 4.11s

Comment

try this:

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

Comment

why dont you buy the gears from summit racing or jegs and take it to them so they can put it in. prolly a lil cheaper that way too. i'm exactly 10mph off on my speedo and i got 3.73s. so i'm sure you wont be much more than that. thats going pretty high anyway. what other mods do you have?

come get some
              http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

Doesn't that mess with your odometer too or just the speedo? I'm putting in slightly higher gearing but I plan on getting HP tuners and fixing it pretty soon too.
                1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Comment

^it messes with anything that gets it's data from the rotation of the wheels

Originally posted by 1999Spectre
                  why dont you buy the gears from summit racing or jegs and take it to them so they can put it in. prolly a lil cheaper that way too. i'm exactly 10mph off on my speedo and i got 3.73s. so i'm sure you wont be much more than that. thats going pretty high anyway. what other mods do you have?
                  That's a good idea...when you say "10mph off," do you mean it reads 10mph faster or 10mph slower? My car has full bolt-ons, cam, gear, and some suspension

Comment

its 10mph faster than what im really doing. and the faster you go the more off it gets. i top out at 105mph. my ex and i went at the same speed in our cars(she has an infinity g35 coupe) and i finally topped out and she told me she was at 105mph over the phone when she was beside me. not really exact lol but its around there close cause no car is ever exact. do you have the lsd to go along with the gear change? i got one from a WS-6 trans am for $120.

come get some

Comment

I'm replacing my ZT with a Tru-trac

Comment

somebody has some of those gears in the for sale section. jump on it.

come get some

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X