Is POSI the same as LSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is POSI the same as LSD?

I want the one where both wheels spin. Right now I have the stupid one wheel spin. I bought a rear-end from TA-Creations its a 1998 "POSI" with 3.23's etc. I always thought POSI was one wheel spin and the newer 98+ had the LSD 2 wheel spin thing.

Also is it true you have to dis-assemble the whole thing pretty much to get the rotors etc off it? Right now its still sitting in my camaro where the passanger seat goes. It was a bear getting that thing in there and I have a feeling getting it out is going to be an even bigger pita. I think removing the calipers/rotors would cut 60-70lbs off that 200+ lb beast and also make it easier to manuver without 12" rotors on each end.
    1997 Camaro v6 3.8 <br />Bone Stock, just a little slower then most station wagons.<br />**Either the slowest SS or the prettiest v6**

Re: Is POSI the same as LSD?

Yes its the same.

Comment

posi traction and Limited Slip Differenterial are the same thing
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

If you want to get technical heres the deal..
        LSD, Limited slip diferential is the term to how the dif is built. there are clutches inside that heat up and transfer power back and forth to the wheels. Example: If you were an off-road vehicle and you got one tire stuck in the mud, it would spin, and the clutches would heat and cause the power to be transfered to the other wheel and thus geting you out. Now this setup will also let you spin both wheels at the same time because theres no traction and when your going straight both wheels are locked.
        Posi is actualls Gm's trem for LSD. I hope this clears things up for every one on the forum!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X