Difflock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difflock

I wanna get a Posi/Difflock and i have no clue where to get one .. How much do you think they run about and what kind i need?! I have a 94 maro v6 m5

Re: Difflock

Two options. One go to a junkyard and buy a complete rear axle that has higher gears and/or a limited slip already in it. That way all you have to do is clean it up and install it. The second would be spend the same if not more to get a posi unit and spend some more money to have someone install it. If you got the space I would recommend buying a new rear axle. As for places to get it from, just search. Under the general tech section there is a sticky with tons of vendors that sell parts specifically for our cars.
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i got a stock posi offa guy on ls1tech for 80 shipped try there
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by vr4gasm
        i got a stock posi offa guy on ls1tech for 80 shipped try there
        Word how is it?? i def wanna do that

Comment

all in all i spent about $1000 total after bearings and installation, i got a zexel with 3.42 off of ebay, i bought an aluminum driveshaft at the same time, i got all new bearings off of jegs, then i took it to a dealer and got it installed, and got one heck of a deal from them, but it still wasnt cheap

Comment

Buy just a used Posi, no gears, and you can pop it right in. If you get gears, you need an install kit and your speedo and all recalibrated. Just a posi and everything should still line up fine.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X