New Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clutch

Well I got up this morning and went to the mechanic this morning to see how much it would cost me to get a clutch installed. He told me about 4 shop hours $220 and the clutch kit would cost about $320 and if the flywheel needed to be resurfaced he would charge me for what that would cost. When he told me that it was 320 for the clutch kit I asked him if it was like the stock clutch and he told me it was the same. Well Im puzzled on whether or not I should just buy the clutch and flywheel I want or if I should just go with stock. Im thinking about just getting a aluminum flywheel and go with the stock clutch. But having a different flywheel and a stock clutch affect anything?

Re: New Clutch

id love to have a alum. fly wheel, but costing around $300+ ill pass for now.

having a alum. flywheel with a stock clutch wont do anything bad, just help.

$320 seems about right for a clutch, personally id look into a aftermarket one for 2 major reasons. 1. they're not much more money and 2 they perform better than a stock clutch of course.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Re: New Clutch

I'm not sure about the company's reputation or how good their product is, but I saw that Sach's has a stock clutch for the 3.8L for only $247.

I was contemplating throwing that in my car for right now because I need a new clutch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X