trans question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans question.

alright, this is slightly odd. When the engine temp is below 160 and im just cruising no matter what speed the rpm's will jump 2-300 rpms like the TC is unlocking and locking constantly. but when the temp is over 160 it runs fine. yes i've checked my fluid and its brown and needs to be changed. any idea's what this might be?

95 3.4 btw.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Re: trans question.

It possibly has a vacuum leak somewhere or defective spark plugs, is it missing any while driving? Also, could your fuel filter be dirty or partially clogged and the fuel isn't reaching the fuel injectors correctly and free of passage.

Comment

New plugs and wires, fuel filter, no vacuum leaks, its not missing and no SES light. I can literally feel the TC unlock and lock constantly.
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

umm it does go buy trans fluid temp..... i would drain the pan and replace the fliter on the tranny and put in new fluid

the TC locks by fluid PSI.... so if the filter is dirty.......
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

ahhh. I don't know jack about transmissions. I hope thats it.

Comment

Hi ,
            The transmission is phrohibited from lockup unless the temperature is over 130 degrees F some cars a bit higher ,Thats why when it heats up it locks up and when it cools back down it stops locking up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X