Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

well we got the transmission and drivetrain out but went to start the car and I have NO CLUTCH. Therefore I can't start it to listen to the motor. Is there any way that we can make the car think the clutch is depressed? There were about 4 wires that unhooked from the transmission if I remember correctly.

Re: Clutch

so whats the problem?

trying to get your car started? If you have a manual car you have a clutch safety switch. Basically a small button on the back of your clutch pedal, you either need to push it in or unhook the switch and cross the connection.

Other then that thier is nothing transmission related to not start the car, unless its physically locked up or something. The only sensor going to the tranny is pretty much the VSS, which controls the speedo.

Comment

Thanks- I looked under the clutch pedal and all around but found no switch/button so that threw me off....I will look again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
        Thanks- I looked under the clutch pedal and all around but found no switch/button so that threw me off....I will look again.
        i dont know exactly where it is, but when the clutch safety switch fails i know you can by-pass it with a paper clip. search quick and im sure your'll find a description of it or a picture.
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

just press the pedal down and start the car. thats all its there for. tho its not doing anything by pressing it down it does trip the sensor thats keeping it from starting. simple as that
          '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
          Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
            just press the pedal down and start the car. thats all its there for. tho its not doing anything by pressing it down it does trip the sensor thats keeping it from starting. simple as that
            I assume he is having issues with it...

I had problems with the one in my 3.4L I bypassed it with a paper clip, I assume the 3.8L is the same. Just find the clutch pedal and follow it up to where their is a flat plate on the back of the pedal and the switch is behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99camaro-3.8
              LMAO! Kind of hard to press the clutch in when the hydraulic line is disconnected.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X