Tremec question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremec question

Since ive broken 2 t-5's already im thinkin about a Tremec tranny...says that it will fit into my camaro but my question is could i use the fbody shifter or would i need somethin else? and would i have to use a differnt DS or can i use my 1 pc?

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Re: Tremec question

lol you can get T-5's for like 100 out of junkyards and swapping is a cinch I dont see what the fuss is. Just run it till it blows and toss another junker in there :D. Good luck with the tremec.

Comment

Or just rebuild one with just the G-force gears.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
        lol you can get T-5's for like 100 out of junkyards and swapping is a cinch I dont see what the fuss is. Just run it till it blows and toss another junker in there :D. Good luck with the tremec.
        I'm in the same place as him (recently blew 2nd gear on my 2nd tranny) and I have pulled and installed transmissions from my car 3 times now. Believe me...you end up saving money and time if you just get a nice tranny that you won't break.
        1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
          ya do u wanna spend every 3rd month replacin a tranny no...its money wasted....3rd gear has blown twice on me...ive heard about the gforce intrenals for the tranny but i havent heard anythin from the people with them installed so i dont know what to expect
          Last edited by SilverRS96; 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM.

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
            ya do u wanna spend every 3rd month replacin a tranny no...its money wasted....3rd gear has blown twice on me...ive heard about the gforce intrenals for the tranny but i havent heard anythin from the people with them installed so i dont know what to expect
            Learn to drive??? Shift??? lol j/k I dunno I know our trannies are "weak" but if you watch it you will be fine.

Comment

get a auto mike. :p :p

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
              Or this

Comment

linxs has them works very well and the gearing is also MUCH MUCH better :banana:
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Since ive broken 2 t-5's already im thinkin about a Tremec tranny...says that it will fit into my camaro but my question is could i use the fbody shifter or would i need somethin else? and would i have to use a differnt DS or can i use my 1 pc?
                  What model tranny? The 98+ F-body's all ready have a Tremec. I have been to the factory in Mexico on business. Same trans as the older BW, which was sold to Tremec.

This is what you want:

http://www.5speedtransmissions.com/tr-3550.html

But the shifter location is 1.7" forward on the trans.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X