Bouncing Noise on Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncing Noise on Launch

Can anyone explain what wound be hitting underneath my car really hard when I launch really hard? It almost seems like it would be my transmission flopping around or my Exhaust pipe hitting the tunnel brace. Does anyone else have this problem? I did have to have BMR make me a special tunnel brace that give my exhaust more clearance, because I couldnt find an exhuast show that would install a hanger in the middle where its moving.

Thanks
    1999 3.8, Hurst Short throw shifter, Borla Catback, Whisper Cold-Air Induction Lid, SLP Cold Air Induction Package, K&N Filter, 160* thermo, Harlan\'s Fan Switch, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat.

Re: Bouncing Noise on Launch

take us step by step through the launch and describe exactly when the noise happens

Comment

grab one of you tail pipes and start pulling it around or give it a kick and listen for contact

Comment

look under the car for signs of it hitting. probally exhaust hitting (tighten that up) probally on said brace
        2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

tranny mount...u lauch hard and the tail comes up and hits...mine does that right now cuz i sold my poly mount to matt and put my stock broken 1 back in

87 Firebird RIP
          96 Camaro RS RIP
          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

wow, maybe thats my problem?

Comment

Possibly, it is. I know that the stock tranny mounts suck. Or at least in my opinion they do.......One night we were in a parkling lot racing and I only made 2 passes and then we were hanging out for awhile and looking over our engines to make sure we didn't break any hoses or hurt anything and everything seemed to be fine.

Well, upon getting back into my car a few hours later, I started it and let it idle for a few minutes and everything seemed to be ok so I put it in first and started to make a U-turn to head out the parking lot, well half way through the U-turn I heard a loud breaking noise and then a loud banging right under my stick shift whenever I would try to go. I thought that was the sound of my transmission about to fall out, you could imagine how scared I was :P

Well, upon getting home, I realized it was too dark to see anything so I waited until morning. When I woke up, I went and checked under my car and there was my tranny mount snapped on one side and barely hanging on with the other side. One bolt was completely missing and the bolt all the way to the left was bent a few degrees from the pressure that it was put under.

So, if you have never had this break and your car has a good bit of miles on it, I would suggest going to a GM dealership and buying a replacement before this happens to you. It was only like $20 IIRC

Comment

i'd bet on tranny mount, went thru 2 of them on my last camaro

Comment

my friend has a 94 camaro and i was riding in it with him the other day and it did the same exact thing, only when he nailed the gas though i figured it was something to do with the transmission only cause i felt this thud in my arm right in the middle it sounds like its about to drop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X