LSD install, is this a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD install, is this a good price?

I've had gears and an lsd sitting in my room for a while now, and pretty soon i'll have the money to get them installed. I've called one place and they quoted me $325, does that sound about right?

(i'd call more places, but i've been working wierd hours and everythings closed when i get home)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: LSD install, is this a good price?

i paid 250 in NY
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I got quoted between 2-400 to install a whole rearend

Comment

i got quoted 200 bucks from a garage close to my house to install my lsd
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

oh man thats a $#!t load of money..

glad i only paid $25 for my posi unit, hopefully my dad and i can install it ourselves.

good luck with the install!

if you want to wait like a few weeks, ill talk to my dad and see if you can install it for much cheaper.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

the thing is the place needs to know what they are doing, and have the proper tools to measure pinion depth etc... this is one thing you might be better off going to a dealer for, most places do it by trial and error, the dealer has pinion depth gauges and stuff that they can do it without the contact paste, and know its right, i just got quoted $330 to get mine installed by the dealer, and every other shop i have asked was around 400, i also need my intake gaskets changed, they are offering me 10% off if i do them both at the same time, so i'm gonna get my gaskets changed and my lsd installed for roughly $700, not a horrible price

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3
              oh man thats a $#!t load of money..

glad i only paid $25 for my posi unit, hopefully my dad and i can install it ourselves.

good luck with the install!

if you want to wait like a few weeks, ill talk to my dad and see if you can install it for much cheaper.
              Hahah, i tell you what. How about you and your dad install it first, aaand if it doesn't fall off then i'll let him have a stab..... Maybe.

The place i called specializes in drivetrains, transmissions, rear ends, etc.

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                Hahah, i tell you what. How about you and your dad install it first, aaand if it doesn't fall off then i'll let him have a stab..... Maybe.

The place i called specializes in drivetrains, transmissions, rear ends, screwing people overetc.
                fixed ;)
                Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                  fixed ;)
                  Hahaha, yea, you're probably right.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    5 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X