Question about gearing and posi in my car? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about gearing and posi in my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about gearing and posi in my car?

I noticed something tonight about my car....I have posted a picture of my door codes to ask everyone on here if i have a posi unit in my car...I was told that i had 3.42's with a posi...but my question is....when i had my car in the air today on a jack and jack stands when i was installing my adjustable phb i was rotating my wheels to see that one spins one direction and the other the opposite...wouldnt this mean that i do not have a posi unit? If so i was told wrong on here that i had 3.42's with a posi....if this is the case my next step is to buy a TA rearend with a posi and have 3.73 installed! let me know if you can help me out!

Re: Question about gearing and posi in my car?

That does mean anything at all. Both of my rear ends did/do that. My non LSD did it and so does my new one with LSD.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

ok i was just wondering....i have even tried the pushing on the brake and trying to spin my tires but i am not able to do that...it doesnt do anything

Comment

The Auburn limited slip used in the 93-97 cars is a cone type, and if you turn one wheel forward the other wheel will also turn forward.

The Zexel Torsen limited slip used in 98-02 cars is a torsen gear type, which acts like an open rear until slip is detected and it transfers torque to the other wheel. So if you have this type and turn one wheel forward the other wheel will rotate backward.
        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Ok cool! I am pretty sure the i have the zexel torsen in my car....I want an auburn diff though in my car with 3.73's....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X