Gear question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear question

For those you who have switched from 3.23's to 3.42's, was it worth it?? How many tenths in the quarter is it worth?
    Also to those with 3.73's how much were your RPM increases on the highway??
    Im going to be putting an LSD in pretty soon and might as well get some gears, thanx for the info.
    Lance
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

I went from 3.23 to 3.42

I am satisified, there was a noticable SOTP feel in acceleration. Sorry, no 1/4 miles times.

Would I do it again? Sorry, I'd go with 3.73s.
    Even as my speedo is incorrect, my RPMS hardly changed as well as my fuel economy. Those who whine about losing gas mileage with 3.73s and hearing gear whine really must be trying. Drive conservatively if you daily driver and even if you had 4.56 it wouldn't matter (..ok thats an extreme statement... but you get the idea)
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

If you cant control yourself and you need gas mileage, go with 3:42. However, if you can control yourself, do yourself the favor and get some great acceleration with the 3:73.
      2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I got some 3.73's in my car...i luv em! Great acceleration all throughout, especially off the line. With my M5 highway speeds are still pretty decent. I'm turning ~2,500 rpm's at 70mph. Since you have an M5 also I would recommend going with the 3.73's, if it were auto..probably 3.42's. You are gonna have to correct your speedo. Its approximately 8 miles off...maybe more maybe less, with the 3.73's. So when I told you I was going 70mph@~2500rpm ...my speedometer actually showed 78mph. But overall the car feels great. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Edit: I forgot to mention..I am going to get the SLP speed processor soon to fix the speedo problem. If it didnt affect my odometer I wouldn't care..but I dont want my car to show more miles than it actually has.

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: marco ]</p>
        <b>.::[ 0 ]::.</b><br /><b>1997 Camaro 3800 II M5</b> (30th edition)<br />[]B&M Ripper Shifter<br />[]Proform Shift Light<br />[]SLP Cold Air<br />[]Dynomax Exhaust<br />[]Richmond 3.73\'s<br />[]Zexel-Torsen LSD<br />[]180* Thermostat<br />[]Tail Blackouts<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/skyracer_x\" target=\"_blank\">pics</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X