Best Shifter for a 98 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Shifter for a 98 Firebird

Now that im just about done with the first round of intake and exhaust mods to my car I was wanting to buy a shifter for it since the throw on the stock feels like a mile. Any body have any suggesions on which shifter they feel is the best for a 1998 Firebird. Im thinking so far between the Hurst billet plus or the Pro 5.0. also was gonna buy the lou's short stick to go along with it to make the throw even shorter. Any help or comments would be appreciated.
    Black 1998 Pontiac Firebird M5:<br />Borla Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, SLP cold air induction, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Mallory , S 17\" Z06 wheels, 3.42 gears, Auburn Posi

Any F-body shifter from 93-2002 will fit, either camaros or firebirds, and many from 82+ (ripper, hurst, not sure about Pro 5.0, but it's likely to fit as well from 3rd gens).

Totally a personal opinion question -- if possible, you need to try out the shifter in someone else's car. Or, you'll probably fall in love with whatever shifter you buy. Read through the modification reviews for some assistance.

And try searching, as many haveposted their opinions before. Personally, I don't have a shifter, as I'm waiting fo ra good deal on one. But i'll probably take whatever comes first.

-Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I personally like my B&M Ripper. Extremely short throws.
      2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

B&M Ripper ;)
        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Pro 5.0 all the way, and even shorter, slap a lous short stick!! u wont see a shorter throw anywhere
          03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

i agree with zcc, i love my pro 5.0, ive used just about every shifter out there, ripper, hurst, pro 5.0, and i prefer the feeling of the pro 5.0 better than any of them!
            R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think that im gonna go with the pro 5.0 cause of all the good things ive heard.
              Black 1998 Pontiac Firebird M5:<br />Borla Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, SLP cold air induction, Hurst Competition Plus Shifter, Lou\'s Short Stick, Mallory , S 17\" Z06 wheels, 3.42 gears, Auburn Posi

Comment

have a pro 5.0 on my 00 fb and really love it, you can feel it locking into gears very nicely
                my buddy chris uses this name more than i do. he has a 2000 v6 firebird 5 speed

Comment

don't like the hurst too much...

but i really do love my new ripper [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                  <b>Red 1996 Firebird 5-speed:</b><br />-Zexel-Torsen LSD, SLP CAI, B&B TriFlow Exhaust, 1LE Aluminum Driveshaft, 1LE LCA\'s, 160 Degree Thermostat, SLP Manual Fan Switch, B&M Ripper Shifter, 245/50/16 Kuhmo Ecsta Supras and lots of Zaino<p><b>White 1990 5.0L Camaro IROC-Z:</b><br />-Flowmaster Muffler, NGK\'s/Taylors<br /><i>-SOLD</i>

Comment

the 4L60E with a shift kit and stall convertor

HEHE

Jeff W :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X