Quick Question to Stefan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question to Stefan

I know u ordered a CF DF clutch where did u get the best deal on it.
    I found one site which is like $350 with T/B.

I ready to order it but just want your opinion on it?
    -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

I ordered mine about a month ago now. At that time, however, Centerforce was out and no one seemed to have any in stock. Everyone told me the backorder would take about a month to fill. I finally found a local race shop that had one in stock so I got it there for $398 with T/B.

TByrne quoted me $350 for the whole thing but they had a backorder back then too. For some reason, though, they don't have it listed on their site though they do carry it. I'd suggest e-mailing tbyrne@tbyrne.com and telling them I sent you. ;) TByrne is a reputable F-Body parts dealer and one of our longtime sponsors. About 80% of my off-the-shelf parts have come from them. Tom, Julie, and Carol are great!

As for the clutch itself, I love it! We have two now, one in Jenn's car and one in mine. It handles her 10 psi of intercooled boost fine and mine is still breaking in (you have to drive gently for 500 miles before landing on the throttle); I have about 150 miles to go until I can hit it. But it engages smooth, grips strong, very streetable. Tiago had problems with his DF but that was on a 3.4--the 3.8 version is considerably stronger.

Comment

ty for the info
      -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X