Manual tranny rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual tranny rebuild?

When i got my used manual tranny, it was ok in the begning, recently the syncro grinds goin into 3rd every now and again, and it has been getting progressivly worse. I plan on doin a v8 swap, but thats in a year or so. Basicly, im wondering what you guys think i should do. I honestly dont want to drop one cent into this tranny, because even if i keep the v6, i want the T56. However, im not going to buy a T56 and make it fit my v6 if i plan on doin the v8 swap. So enough rabling, do you guys think i should get the tranny rebuilt, or should i shop around for a low mile t5 for a good price? I dont know the cost of rebuilds. Thanks in advance.

[ April 23, 2002: Message edited by: camaro_zach ]</p>

Actually I am thinking of doing a 6-speed swap onto my v6. My tranny is crapping out, I figure, I might be better off upgrading the stuff I break, so far in my research, the bleelhousing will bolt up and I think all the v6 clutch system stuff will work.

Moght want ot consider this.

Comment

Trust me. Fixing that T-5 usually isn't worth it. If you can take it out yourself, go ahead an do that and let the shop take a look at it. This will save you loads of money. If the repair bill comes to more than $550 or $600, start looking for a replacement. I just bought a T-5 from a 98 camaro for $450 + $50 shipping. The yard also had one from a 2000 model with 30k miles on it. They wanted $750 for it to start, but I easily worked them down to $630 plus shipping, but that was still too much for a tranny that my nitrous is just gonna break again. Let me know and I can give you the phone # for the yard.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X