trans go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans go

hey i just got the kit and was looking though it and the little box with about 30 springs in it what is that for? in the instructions they say nothing about them? anyone have any info??
    94 firebird black 3.4 A4<br />ram-air hood,trans am nose,30th aniversery raceing stripes/side,decals,tb-bypass,160* thermostate,ported throttle body,accel coils,msd wires,NGK plugs,catback-flowmaster exhaust,ASP underdrive pulley\'s,k&n cone airfilter,aluminum race pedals,N.O.S 5175,trans go shift kit,corvette servo,converted to a 96 rear with 3.42\'s,lsd,disk brakes,mac lowering springs, Xenon headlights,chrome firehawk 17\'s with 275/40/17<br />best et. 15.558<br />mph 87.89

I'd have to see them really... but I think they are the different springs to use for the different shift levels? Maybe I'm wrong (I probably am on this one). Did the kit come with a video? If not then do a search for "Stagen" and email him, I'm sure he has a better idea than I do (since I went with a different kit).
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Hey now , if you are talking about the trans go or B&M shift kit,don't do it until you respond to this !!!!
      96 Firebird 3.8<br />SLP CAI, MSD DIS ignition, NGK plugs, Flowmaster exhaust, Accel extreme 9000 wires, 160 thermo, air temperature module, SLP 3300 stall converter, SLP shift improvement module, SLP strut tower brace and a whole lot of sanding to polish anything aluminum under my hood to make it look like chrome.

Comment

i am talking about the trans go shift kit. in the video they show nothing about them. on the box it says "clutch spring kit"
        94 firebird black 3.4 A4<br />ram-air hood,trans am nose,30th aniversery raceing stripes/side,decals,tb-bypass,160* thermostate,ported throttle body,accel coils,msd wires,NGK plugs,catback-flowmaster exhaust,ASP underdrive pulley\'s,k&n cone airfilter,aluminum race pedals,N.O.S 5175,trans go shift kit,corvette servo,converted to a 96 rear with 3.42\'s,lsd,disk brakes,mac lowering springs, Xenon headlights,chrome firehawk 17\'s with 275/40/17<br />best et. 15.558<br />mph 87.89

Comment

also how hard is it to install to the trans i watched the video and it doesnt look very hard but i have heard that things are different in our kit than in the video.

Comment

Okay, I have been through the B&M shift kit. I installed it and it did make a difference in my shifts being firmer compared to stock. Now, I am telling you from experience (my kit was like a hundred dollars)the cheapest and best route to go is to buy a shift improvement modual from SLP. I talked to all of the techs at SLP and due to my persistence and research they have revised everything so that it will fit on the V6 engines. In addition, it is twice as strong as the shift kit and only costs thirty dollars and you only have to connect two wires when installing it. While replacing my transmission pump, the B&M shift kit was removed and that was when I installed the shift improvement module. I'm telling you the difference is night and day.
            96 Firebird 3.8<br />SLP CAI, MSD DIS ignition, NGK plugs, Flowmaster exhaust, Accel extreme 9000 wires, 160 thermo, air temperature module, SLP 3300 stall converter, SLP shift improvement module, SLP strut tower brace and a whole lot of sanding to polish anything aluminum under my hood to make it look like chrome.

Comment

If the SLP works by increasing the line pressure then it's junk. I'm guessing that's how it works. Just like the B&M shift improver. Trans go shift kit is by far better and actually good for the tranny. Unlike those that increase line pressure and damage it. Washers are used for shift levels not springs. You might want to look at additional write ups for the install to help you out.

Comment

I'm just curious as to how increasing line pressure will"damage" the tranny?? Also , a B&M kit is an actual kit and not just a pressure increaser.I installed it personally and it worked fine. I'm just stating that the SLP works better.

Comment

why do you hate rice? Its good with Sugar and Butter and a little cinnamon.
                  Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

uh .... cause it's hard for my 3.8 to digest !! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

does anyone know what the clutch spring kit that comes with the trans go shift kit is for? it doesnt say in the instructions or in the video??

Comment

Really? Mine goes down real smooth{Wait, did that sound right?}
                        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

The springs are for the internals for the tranny if you plan to rebuild it while you do the shift kit. They are not necessary to install the kit.
                          94 Quasar Blue Z28<br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm</a>

Comment

ok thanks for the info. the way everone was sounding it sounded like i got the wrong kit. lol
                            how hard is it to install for our cars??

Comment

I'm sorry for misleading anyone. Ijust thought if the B&M was like the Transgo, you would be better off getting the SLP improver...less money ...less install...optimum performance.Good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X