a4 to m5 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a4 to m5 swap

i have a friend who has a 97 with a m5 and my 98 has a a4. We are thinking of swaping but i'm kinna wondering how much trouble it will be. I figured slave and master with all lines, pedal asm, comp and wireharness, and console would all that needed swaping. Did i leave out anything? How hard will it be?
    98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Shouldn't be that hard considering you both want 2 trade. I say go for it and just take pictures as you go along and you should have any trouble.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

ive personally done it, and let me tell ya, it isnt a big deal. You will have to cut two holes, one where the shifter goes into the tranny, and one where the master cylinder goes, for the clutch, its behind the brake booster. You will need to buy a few connectors to go from the old lines and plug into the new tranny. These are all standard and can be bought at any chev dealer or junkyard. Mine works to factory specs, it wont start unless the cluch is down, and the reverse lights work. Only problem i had is that i somehow fried the pcm, they guy who re-programed it said it wasnt him, however, i had the battery unplugged the whole time i was working on it, so go figure. But ya, not a big deal, it can be done in a week working on and off, a weekend if you know what the heck you are doing and have the facility to do it at.

Comment

just a thought...swap cars. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
          just a thought...swap cars. [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] I already drive his some, but i still like the new front end(98) than the old style(97).
          Also he ragged out his car, bad. He's got to get his trans fixed before we swap. His 5th is grinding.
          98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X