Help! I'm switching rear ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I'm switching rear ends

I bought a new rear end and i can't take my old one off. The only problem i'm having is unscrewing or disconnecting the brake line from the car. I tried using a flare wrench but i'm afraid it's going to stript because the part that connects to the brake lines are aluminum. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    \'96 red firebird M5<br />t-tops, fully loaded<br />New rear-end with disc brakes and 3:42\'s, foglights, 2001 firebird emblems, slp cai, high flow cat, mtx sub

Anybody?????
    \'96 red firebird M5<br />t-tops, fully loaded<br />New rear-end with disc brakes and 3:42\'s, foglights, 2001 firebird emblems, slp cai, high flow cat, mtx sub

Comment

i did the same swap, the hard brake line is on there pretty tight, just make sure you are turing the nut the right way, and make sure you have the right size wrench becuase i think the hard line is metric while the rubber one is standard :rolleyes:

also, make sure once the hard line is off, there is a little clip behind the mounting bracket that they connect to, make sure that is off before trying to get the rubber line off. it will just pull off with some neddle nose pliars.
      Nick<br /><br />1996 White RS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X