Worn or broken tranny mount make my car hop when I accelerate fast? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worn or broken tranny mount make my car hop when I accelerate fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worn or broken tranny mount make my car hop when I accelerate fast?

Would a broken or worn tranny mount make my car shake, hop, twist when i accelerate hard?
    OR is this something else?
    PLus where can i buy one? I asked at advance auto and the had them for every 95 chevy except the camaro/firebirds
    PS my car has 100,000 miles on it so i'm thinking this is very possible. Thanx in advance
    1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

Yup. I had the same problem. Tranny mount was in 2 pieces when i took it off. It allowed the whole rear of the trans to bounce up and down on takeoff, and it would make a heck of a noise as it hit the trans tunnel. I went the proper way, i guess, and ordered a GM trans mount thru a local dealer. Total cost: aprox. $80!!! DOnt be like me and do that. I have heard that you can use 1LE mounts on our cars. Check GM perf. Parts for that. Or (and im not sure about this one) get one of those Energy Suspension poly trans mounts from Thunder Racing or someone similar. It will definately firm up your drivetrain, and would be a heck of a better deal than the new stock GM piece.
    1979 Z28 Camaro, 1 of 10,000 Factory 4 speeds. <br />1994 Camaro Sport Coupe, M5<br />Best ET: 15.31@91.5 (25 hp NOS)

Comment

I recently put a polyeurothane mount on my car and i love it. The only problem i had was fitting it on, but after i made the hole on the crossmember an inch longer, it fit in perfectly. Now my I can shift hard without the tranny bouncing or anything. IMO, go with the energy suspensions one
      \'96 red firebird M5<br />t-tops, fully loaded<br />New rear-end with disc brakes and 3:42\'s, foglights, 2001 firebird emblems, slp cai, high flow cat, mtx sub

Comment

Maybe, jsut replace it I got a 1LE shipped form GMpartsdirect.com for $35 fit with no modificatoins, I noticed no vibrations that my car did not have before. And the car felt more connected. The part number is in the technical dattabase somewhere on this site.

Comment

ok i have an idea and if it's wrong, please don't think i'm too dumb hehe
          So if I can use a 1LE one, then couldn't i just get a tranny mount for a z-28?
          If not, i misunderstood :D
          1993 240sx 5 speed, Super Hicas, LSD, Stock for now<br />Sold-1995 Red T-Top 3.4 Camaro<br />Totaled-1997 Jade Green Cavalier 2.2 auto

Comment

Dude trust me on this... Get the 1LE tranny mount, it is kick a**. The entire car feels tighter when you bang gears up and down. SLP sells them for 19.99. I am not familiar with the poly mounts but I have heard that you get a lot more vibration out of it. The only thing about the 1LE Is it drops the tranny down about 1/2" to 3/4" no big deal I put washers between the mount and the crossmember and it works perfect. The reason for doing that is when I would shift hard into 2nd and 4th the shifter would hit the console. But It might not with your console because they are different. :D
            1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

alright man
              i'll take your advice
              i'll get the 1le one when i order my Zexel this week....hopefully it'll help out alot
              thanx for the help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X