y is it that...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y is it that...?

y is that 3.08s and 3.23s have about the same launch capabilities when the 3.42s have a lot better launches than either???
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

huh
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
      y is that 3.08s and 3.23s have about the same launch capabilities when the 3.42s have a lot better launches than either???<hr></blockquote>

it's not really that. that's kind of a half truth. 3.23's are hard, because most the time, you see 3.23's in a manual tranny, and those aren't easy to launch. With an auto, stalling the stock converter can bog you down very easily, whereas the 3.42's will allow you to spin up the gears quicker, making it seem better to launch with. 3.42 is a better launching gear, but as far as top end, 5 speed with a 3.23 is the better. they run identical times, but the M5 will trap at 2-3 mph higher because of the top end, and the good launch from the A4
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> but as far as top end, 5 speed with a 3.23 is the better<hr></blockquote>

depends on the driver i guess. my friend with a manual firebird couldn't beat me with my 3.08s...and if he did, it was very close. now from 50+ mph he could take me easily...but not from a stop. so if i, with the 3.42s and a CAI and exhaust raced him at 50+ (he has nothing but exhaust), who would take ahead? i'm thinking i would still take it. am i right navyblue? thx man for your help with this.
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

given equal mods, and equal drivers, i believe that in a 1/4 mile race, it should be very close. I won't say the A4 or M5 will win, because each has its advantage. the M5 has an extra gear to work with. the A4 is a beast off the line. I'd say from a 50 roll (M5 at the very top of 2nd)...the A4 would pull at first, and then the manual would catch up and pass. Again, ,that's with equal mods.
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X