Got money, going with 3.73, good idea?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got money, going with 3.73, good idea??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got money, going with 3.73, good idea??

hey guys, i got some extra money, and i'm gonna definetely put the posi in. Now my question is, should i go with the 3.73 or just leave my 3.23 alone. All of you that have them, give me some info, like am i going to shift to 4th gear in the quarter, and stuff like that... Thanx

Alen
    2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

3.73s are better IMO. It will not hurt you in the 1/4 when you shift into 4th. You'll be going way faster and be infront of the 3.23 car. Then you shift into 4th, he is still in 3rd, but he is still going slower, he is just accelerating faster. Does that make sense?

Comment

makes sence, and thanx, now what about the highway performance, and the RPMs, i mean i do have the HPP3, and no governor and all that, but am i gonna me slower at 100mph+?
      2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

Comment

You'll be in higher gear sooner. Transmission ratio will be lower, but your rear end ratio will be higher. You'll also be in higher RPM at all times. 4.10s pull harder then 3.08s from 0 to 90. Once I reprogram the PCM for the gears I'll be able to test higher.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X