Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Shift Improvement Module

Hey All...

I just got my order from SLP and am tryin' to install this new SLP Shift Module.

The problem is that the instructions say to use wires off the PCM that do not exist.. Well.. At least they are not where the instructions say they will be...

It seems I have a different PCM than the instructions say I should Have... Could anybody help me out??
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyballa.com\" target=\"_blank\"><b><i>Athena - Black \'95 Firebird 3.4L A4 -</b></i></a><p>LT1 Swap In Progress<p>\"Horsepower Is a Measure of How Fast You Hit the Wall, Tourque is a Measure of How Far you Take the wall with You...\"

Are you sure the part you ordered isn't for V8 cars only? That's the only explination I could think of.

Josh-
    \'94 Camaro A4<br />Mods: K&N Conical, Dynomax Muffler, Dynomax 2.5\" I-Pipe, Jetchip Stage II, 180 Stat, RKSport Underdrive Pullies, Fan Relay Switch, Rapidfire Plugs, Bosch O2s, Goodyear GA, Aluminum Driveshaft, Alpine CD... <p>And also: Ported and Polished Plenum, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold, Ported and Polished Heads, 5 angle valve job, Raised Compreshion, Tranny Cooler, 19lb injectors, no new times yet.<p>\'95 Dodge Stealth M5<br />stock as a rock...

Comment

You should have the 4L80E and if I remember correctly, that is what it was for. I have been thinking about getting it as well.
      1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pvtschultz:
        You should have the 4L80E and if I remember correctly, that is what it was for. I have been thinking about getting it as well.<hr></blockquote>

4L60E

Comment

When did the 80E come into the F-Bods?
          1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pvtschultz:
            When did the 80E come into the F-Bods?<hr></blockquote>

Vans, pickups, Suburban...

Comment

i have the one from b&m thats got three stages and i highly recomend this over the slp one because this one have a control unit that you can switch from stock and then back from the drivers seat and the other is under the car if i am not mistaken (i just helped my friend put that one in his firebird)

verdict: get the b&m eaiser to install and it has three "stages".
              hope this helped...
              1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

does that b&m make a big difference in our cars? I was thinking of getting one, my friend has one in his truck and it makes a huge difference... didnt know bout my 'maro though...
                99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

Well.. I just figured out how to install it and now have it installed... I like it! Firmed up the shift quite well and it seems to be getting a little firmer with time.

I'll let you all know about the long haul tests...
                  <a href=\"http://www.fbodyballa.com\" target=\"_blank\"><b><i>Athena - Black \'95 Firebird 3.4L A4 -</b></i></a><p>LT1 Swap In Progress<p>\"Horsepower Is a Measure of How Fast You Hit the Wall, Tourque is a Measure of How Far you Take the wall with You...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X