the shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the shift

dom, i know i have to be bugging the absolute crap outa ya, but i just want to get this one thing straight. going from 3.08 to 3.42, the shifts are going to be 10% sooner, or 10% later (meaning a lot more redline)??? thx a lot and i SWEAR I'LL STOP BUGGING YOU AFTER THIS ONE--well, as long as ya give me an answer i can understand!!! :rolleyes:

btw...does the revlimiter fix this problem...or what?

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Shifts don't follow the percentage rules that speedo follows. Don't ask me why. My 4.10s with 3.42 programming shifts around 5600 on 1-2. It "should" be way lower. I'm guessing 3.42s with 3.08s programming will be around 5800. I even hit the rev limiter sometimes when I downshift and upshift again.

Comment

My WOT throttle shifts are around 5800-5900. During normal driving, my car shifts a little faster, but basically in the same places. I'm not sure. Not that much of a difference in shift points during normal driving, just a lot faster. I want to say that the regular driving shifts are based on mph, because I'm in 4th or have achieved torque converter lockup alot earlier than I used to.

You still haven't put those gears in? Put 'em in! :D

You're not originally from Texas, huh? You think alot. :D

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: AMinor65 ]</p>
      <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X