Factory 3.42s, LSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory 3.42s, LSD?

My car came from the factory with 3.42 gears. I know that most people who swap thier gears out buy a LSD, i was wondering if it would be beneficial to me to buy one also. And How hard is it to install the Auburn differential?

I'm about to have lsd installed on my car, but I'm using the SLP TA take-off lsd, not the auburn. It's only $100 and it works very well. I'd have the lsd installed by a rear-end shop, just because they have all the right tools to do it.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

sick, cheaper is always better, thanks for that. i just always read everyone talking about the auburn and i had never seen the T/A take off one

Comment

did you buy the car new w/the 3.42s? cause it should have an LSD already installed unless i'm mistaken...cause that would be the y87 package...
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

no... some cars came with 3.42s without the Y87 package, the code for LSD is G80 code for 3.42s is GU6. it is possible to ahve one without the other. just order a LSD take off from slp and put it in, very easy to install. no special tools needed.

Comment

Yeah i dont have y87 i just have the gears. thanks everyone

Comment

Anyone got the part number on the T/A LSD?

Comment

It's not a T/A LSD, it's a Zexel-Torsen LSD. Go to SLP & search for it there. They ran a special on it awhile back, selling it for something like $84.95 plus shipping. I got mine about 4 months ago & I've been happy with it thus far.
                2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

thanks bro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X