Torque Specs? Rear end question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Specs? Rear end question

So I got a complete rear end off of a 2002 SS, I mentioned installation of it to a buddy of mine, he said make sure I know the torque specs, if they were mis-torqued I could damage it. Does anyone know exactly which specs I need to pay attention too and what they are?
    98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Why don't you aske him what mistorqued bolts will damage the car and how.

Comment

you could look in a chiltons or haynes they have torque specs in there usually

Comment

So I talked to the transmission mechanic at the pontiac dealer prior to installation this morning, the two bolts that connect the torque arm to the rear end must be torqued to 96 lbs, over tightening will dimple the torque arm altering the pinion angle, under tightening will cause movement/vibration with will in time damage the rear end. But other than that there were no specific specs, it was an amazingly easy job the complete swap took only 3 hours.
        98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceyRS:
          So I talked to the transmission mechanic at the pontiac dealer prior to installation this morning, the two bolts that connect the torque arm to the rear end must be torqued to 96 lbs, over tightening will dimple the torque arm altering the pinion angle, under tightening will cause movement/vibration with will in time damage the rear end. But other than that there were no specific specs, it was an amazingly easy job the complete swap took only 3 hours.<hr></blockquote>

hahaha i dont believe anything that anyone who works at a dealership says anymore...they told me my exhaust caused my sway bars to loosen..
          :rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X