3:42's and lots of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3:42's and lots of help

im thinking bout changing my 3:08 to 3:42 and i was wondering how much my top speed would be affected, i have exhasut and induction which will help top end, but i was wondering what my top end speed wouldd prolly be? another thing, what do you gotta do to get gears?? change rear ends? or anything like that, im a bit lost and any help would help me alot thanks
    99 Silver Camaro A4, Flowmaster Exhuast (this week), Whisper Air Lid, SLP Cold Air Induction W/ the FastToys Upgrade, K&N Filter, Bosch4 Plat. Plugs

Hey man, well first off your top speed is going to change significantly. Second, in order to get gears you either buy them used from for sale forums, maybe ebay, or can try slp or thunderracing for 3.42's. Then again you would still need an install kit-for bearings,pinions, crush sleeves,etc.. Lsd would be a good idea, and need a reluctor ring. You could just get a rear end with the 3.42's and lsd already and save yourself some trouble. Hope this helps.
    99 Green Firebird M5<br />SLP Ram Air Hood<br />16\" Cragar SS Chrome Wheels<br />225/50HR16 Kumho Ecsta<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 40 Series w/3\" dual chrome tips, 2.5\" cutout,3\" cat converter

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Phantom:

Hey man, well first off your top speed is going to change significantly<hr></blockquote>

Ok, first:
      NO, your top speed will not be affected by this noticeably, not in going from 3.08s to 3.42s.
      Second:
      95% of the people that post on this board and have experience with gears on the V6 will tell you that 3.42s are the best all around gear for a V6. This means that you will still get good gas mileage (probably not even a noticeable decrease) and a lot better acceleration. I have even noticed an improvement in highway passing power. I have gone from 3.08 to 3.42 and I can tell you that it is a great mod to do, and will not affect the car's driveability (every day driving) If you look around the drivetrain section you will even notice that some people can still bury the needle with 3.73s in their car.

PS: Unless you have your speed limiter removed through reprogramming the computer, your top speed is anywhere between 118-120.

[ December 28, 2002: Message edited by: Camarorulz ]</p>
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X