Positive Traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Traction

What do I need to get to have positive traction, and is there any specific type of 3.42 gears i should get?
    1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

the slp take off lsd would be your best buy and works great

99 buck but you get to deal with there great customer service :mad:

Comment

Please do a search on "LSD" and "posi" - you should find plenty of information.

If you want positraction, or a limited slip differential (LSD), you need to be sure you are running 3.23 gears or higher - otherwise it won't fit and you'll need to upgrade your gears when you do the install.

Also you will need a differential of some kind (the differential is what makes it positraction). Most people here choose the maintence free zexel-torsen differential - but there are other kinds you can buy. Check my "how to" guides on my website for information about other kinds of differentials - I have a complete comparison between the ones available for our cars.

Usually you can pay a shop $120 or so to have one installed plus the 75W90. I paid my dealer to do mine and they did a great job for me - you might can work out a deal with yours when you get ready to install it. Its also an option to save that $120 and do it yourself, just be careful - its not difficult but you need more than just a socket wrench to do it, and jackstands are no fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Thanks

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: TheBlackSwordsMan ]</p>
        1999 Firebird Black<br />A4 3.08 gears<br />Mods: Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box, K&N Air Filter, Direct Hits Ignition, Flowmaster American Thunder 3\", 160 Degree Hypertech Thermostat, SLP Fan Switch, 3\" High Flow Cat<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=273903\" target=\"_blank\">My car on Cardomain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X