go ahead and laugh -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go ahead and laugh -

Here I am thinking my car has 3.08's just because its a pretty basic car - and I do not have lsd- I am always having to back off the gas in the least amount of water or I just spin the tires. Gas milage isnt as good as anyone ever clamed they would get with 3.08s. I can easily squeal the tires at will. None of which people say they can do with 3.08. I never thought to check my codes on the door until today. I was going to buy 3.42s this week with lsd. To my surprise my car came stock with 3.42 gears. GU6 Now I just have to pick up and have an lsd installed to get more traction. I feel stupid yet happy. Just never put 2 and 2 together.

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] :D [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    01 Firebird <br />Whisper Lid - K&N<br />Raised Air Lid - Free Ram Air<br />Borla Cat-Back Quad tips<br />3.42s with lsd on the way

I didn't think you could get 3.42s without lsd?
    Turbocharged and intercooled.<br />17psi(oops), stock fuel pump, no FMU<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix64</a> <br />Video: <a href=\"ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com\" target=\"_blank\">ftp://ftp.pfabrication.com</a> Assorted car ****: TurboCamaroFull.

Comment

sounds like its broke [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Now that would have sucked if you ordered them and only found out when they went in for the install
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I"m just going by the codes - could it have come from the factory without lsd? What is the best way to tell if I have it? I know without it it will just spin one wheel, should I just go into some gravel and do a burnout and look at the tire prints?
          01 Firebird <br />Whisper Lid - K&N<br />Raised Air Lid - Free Ram Air<br />Borla Cat-Back Quad tips<br />3.42s with lsd on the way

Comment

My 2000 bird was 342 without LSD, its normal and sucks til you can get LSD due to the bad traction problems [img]smile.gif[/img]
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

yeah I was reading some post over at www.fbodyv6.com where a guy posted his window sticker and had 3.42s as an option but no LSD, RS, y87, or any other special option. Jsut be happy!

Comment

Yup I have the GU6 option, 3.42's with no LSD... but not for long~!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

G80 Axle positraction, limited slip
                  G92 Axle rear ratio, performance.
                  Go over to Technical database. Go to Specifications/data/part numbers. Click on General in blue. you will see Engineering codes and RPO Codes in blue, click on there. There you will find your code numbers for all GM cars
                  2000 Silver Firebird<br />1988 Maroon GTA

Comment

When I was looking for my car at the Chevy dealers, almost all of the V6 automatic Camaros had the 3.42 gears, but none were Y87 cars and none had the G80 LSD. The traction control option was also on most of these cars. Apparently, a lot of the 2000 - 2002 models have 3.42 gears.

My dealer had to hunt to find a Y87 car. I decided not to buy unless I could get a Y87 because it has all the good stuff from the factory.
                    2002 Camaro Coupe<br />Navy Blue, A4, Y87<br />Whisper Lid, Raised Air Box<br />SLP Bow-Tie Grill, HPP3

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X