SLP Limited Slip IN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Limited Slip IN!!!

Put it in today. Took about 2 hours. And MAN WHAT A DIFERENCE!!!
    Now I just have to get the smell of the rear end lube out of my skin!
    Oh yeah, and I think I broke my tranny mount doing a burnout. Something it banging on the floor of the car when the wheels hop.
    Time for LCAs!

[ December 15, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

So, how hard was it? Did you have any help? Special tools?
    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

It was very easy. The hardest part was actually prying the differential out, and hammering it back in. Just needed a LARGE screwdriver for that.
      It helps to have some to help you do it!

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Did you get new gears in as well?
        AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

No sir. Want to keep my 3.23s. Although it would not have been hard to do while it was out. Don't want to have to mess with Compter problems and the dreaded top speed limiter with a set of 3.73s and the nitrous. Bad Combo.

[ December 16, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

So I would be able to keep my 3.08's when I put my SLP differential in?
            AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Yeah.
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

wow. it took you only 2 hours? it took me 3 days. of course my diff would not come out for the longest time and i was just taking my time doing this... still putting it in makes ALL the difference doesn't it? :D i'm thinking i need LCAs now too, the wheelhop is, uh, unpleasent.
                Silver \'98 Camaro M5<br />Current MODs:<br />SLP strut tower brace; SLP 1LE swaybars front/back; Powerslot rotors; Hawk pads; Eibach springs; Bilstein SLP shock kit; SLP trans mount; Zexel limited-slip differential; LS1 drive shaft.<br />Possible future MODs:<br />BMR Lower Control Arms; BMR Pandhard Rod.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
                  So I would be able to keep my 3.08's when I put my SLP differential in?<hr></blockquote>

Don't think so... 3.08's mean series 2 carrier/gears... SLP take off unit is series 3 carrier..

They don't mix do they? I could be wrong...
                  1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by morbid:
                    wow. it took you only 2 hours? it took me 3 days. of course my diff would not come out for the longest time and i was just taking my time doing this... still putting it in makes ALL the difference doesn't it? :D i'm thinking i need LCAs now too, the wheelhop is, uh, unpleasent.<hr></blockquote>

hahaha, I had to pry with a 4 ft peice of 2x4 to get mine out.
                    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ravenp:

Don't think so... 3.08's mean series 2 carrier/gears... SLP take off unit is series 3 carrier..

They don't mix do they? I could be wrong...
                      <hr></blockquote>

Your right. Sorry xjarayax you'll be needing new gears, something like 3.23 and above. I just ordered my LSD today, it should be in soon. Can't wait. I also have 3.23 gears and do not plan on changing to 3.73. I love my 3.23, they seem to be good all around set of gears. Esp. mid and top end. :D I figure when I add a few more mods to my car with the supercharger later in 2003. I'll be doing just fine from low end to top end and I won't have to worry about high rpm's on the interstate. ;)
                      2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
                      5 speed
                      Project: Unreal
                      Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
                      2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                      Mods K&N air filter:excited:
                      www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

I thought 3.08s were 3 series... My bad.
                        I apologize. I am unkowledgable about stuff that I don't own or use in that area. Again, I am sorry dude. I was told that 3 series was any 3.## gears. I guess 3.08 is close to a 2.## anyway.
                        I had a long pry bar with a bent end on it, I hooked it behind the diff and hammered it. Came out pretty quickly. Putting it in was hard. I chipped a peice of the spacer and the chip when in between the spacer and the races, so I had to pull it back out again. :mad:
                        Oh well. I works well now! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

just a lil advice for you guys about to do this wear clothes you don't want anymore and when you are done throw them away or burn them the smell is the most horrible thing you will ever smell and will not go away after 6 showers i could still smell it on my skin easy we cleaned the shop with ajax 4 times and it still stunk. well have fun ;)
                          1998 Jet Black Trans-am M6 T-tops<br />\"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you:-Matthew 7:7<br />Old car<br /><a href=\"http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome\" target=\"_blank\">http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome</a><br />NEW CAR<br /><a href=\"http://garnerebel.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://garnerebel.tripod.com/</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by morbid:
                            wow. it took you only 2 hours? it took me 3 days. of course my diff would not come out for the longest time and i was just taking my time doing this... still putting it in makes ALL the difference doesn't it? :D i'm thinking i need LCAs now too, the wheelhop is, uh, unpleasent.<hr></blockquote>

3 days?! jebus. i think we have done it in about an hour and a half. but thats after doing three of them :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:
                              3 days?! jebus. i think we have done it in about an hour and a half. but thats after doing three of them :D <hr></blockquote>

well, it was my first time doing the swap and i didn't want to mess it up. plus I actually spent a lot of the time getting misc parts, etc. it was probably no more than 6 hours of actual work if you cut out the slack. 'course if i had everything together like i knew what i was doing i'd probably do the whole job under 4 hours with no rush. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)
                              Silver \'98 Camaro M5<br />Current MODs:<br />SLP strut tower brace; SLP 1LE swaybars front/back; Powerslot rotors; Hawk pads; Eibach springs; Bilstein SLP shock kit; SLP trans mount; Zexel limited-slip differential; LS1 drive shaft.<br />Possible future MODs:<br />BMR Lower Control Arms; BMR Pandhard Rod.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X