Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much clutch is too much clutch?

If too much clutch could chuck clutch?
    Anyways, say I got a Spec 4 clutch, will it wear fast or just make the car enormously hard to drive?? Anything bad from getting too much clutch?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

well those spec clutches have stages, when the time comes I plan to replace mine with the stage 2.. I emailed them sometime back to get a little clarification and they claim that a stage 2 would outlast a stocker pretty easily (so long as I'm not driving around doing crazy stuff)

in the end it's just whatever you are comfortable with man... however if you do alot of stop and go driving I wouldn't go with a really stiff clutch.. but that's just me..
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

I agree with you.. I was wondering if they would wear faster or not...
      But you answered that..
      How easy is the stop an go on a stage 2?

[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

My clutch is slipping really bad. I plan on getting a spec stage 3. I wanted the stage 4 but it sasy Not intended for street use do to harsh engagement. So I dont want to be peeling out everytime I take off. That would be stupid. So I will get the Stage 3 instead.

Comment

Stage 3 is more than enough!!! I know V8 that do burnouts on those things all day and it still feels like new. I personally got the Center Force Dual Friction and it holds up very nicely!!
          <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

throwout bearing is not cheap. $69.95 to $99.95 Itis not the same as the V8.
            97 RS, M5 Y87 (3.42rear, posi, a/c)<br />35mm/25mm solid swaybars, BMR moly STB, alum DS, adjustable panhard bar, GM ZR1 17X9.5 w/275/40 BFG KD\'s, 360lb front & 140/170 rear springs, Koni SA shocks, poly bushings all round. CAI K&H filter, 160 thermostat, Edelbrock cat back, rollbar, pair red competition seat & belts,red carpet & door pannels, redline lubricants all round.

Comment

Stage 4 = Iron clutch.

= Track use only.

T

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X