Vigilante 2700 Stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigilante 2700 Stall

Does anyone have one, I have heard that they produce great amounts of quickness to your '60 time?

A stall converter depending on the stall and your car can add anywhere from 40-50 hp. Gains on the track are anywhere from .4 to .75 in the quarter and around .2 on your 60' time. I really highly suggest getting one because it is one of the best bang for your buck deals around. Im getting one to run with my nitrous here in about a week. Im getting a 3000 stall but thats me and I have nitrous. The best thing to do is talk to the company that makes them (vigilante, yank) and tell them about your car. They will hook you up with a nice converter. Best of luck to ya.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

Moving to drivetrain.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

2700 is weak man . ive never heard of anyone going less than 2800.. get at least a 3000 stall and be happy

Comment

I was under the belief though that stalls over 2800 could lead to traction problems, i.e. time that are not as good as possible.

-Justin
          <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

That all depends on your setup. More torque to the rear wheels always adds challenges to keeping traction, but there are ways around that.

If you dont plan on getting anything else done to your car, including slicks..then sure..2800 is a good middle of the road number.

But if you go more aggressive... and play with suspension and drags and master that torque, you;ll get much better results and wish you had gone higher.

Make sense?
            1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

First thing, don't listen to Bradley Palmer about anything, anytime.

Jeff is right (NBMA4V6). At MINIMUM you should get a 3000 stall. He and Scott Black have great results with their PI 3500 converters. Scott's is out of the car now though, since he is trading his in, but is selling it to Shane Matthews I believe.

Jeff ran a 14.65 with that converter and intake/exhaust. It at first gave him traction problems but you just have to get used to the car and learn how to launch it.

Adding a converter doesn't add HP, it just multiplies torque more efficiently. Like I said, don't listen to Bradley Palmer whatsoever.

T

Comment

I thought a stall converter just starts the tires spinning at a later rpm, thus more in the peak motor range. The torque converter multiplies the torque, the stall decides when it starts to go from engine spin to tire spin.
                1997 Red GTP Coupe<br />Borla,3\" DP,!ubend,Thrasher CAI,Magnuson(3.4\"),1.9 roller rockers,Tran. Cooler,GPS PCM,Boost+Trans. Temp gauges(in Lotek),comp harness,Blazertech 3200\'s,BBS 18\'s+Pilots,RAT rear sway bar,Powerslots+Pf Pads(all corners),KYB\'s,STB\'s,Poly bushings(mid+end),Optima Battery(yellow), Kenwood Deck+Boston Interior Speakers(Pro)+RF Sub(550 watts), GTS covers,rear red reflective Pontiac sticker(My fav.)

Comment

you dont gain HP from a torque converter...you just move the RPM's you leave the line up higher and closer to the torque peak,
                  <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bradley Palmer:
                    A stall converter depending on the stall and your car can add anywhere from 40-50 hp<hr></blockquote>

Really???
                    Care to explain?
                    I put down 178 rwhp before the converter
                    I put down 170 and 171 rwhp after the converter

I guess you have a special converter?
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:

Really???
                      Care to explain?
                      I put down 178 rwhp before the converter
                      I put down 170 and 171 rwhp after the converter

I guess you have a special converter?
                      <hr></blockquote>

He's talking about on an M5 James. Converters add HP on manuals. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

T

Comment

i thought manual transmision had no torque converter......call me crazy.
                        1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrew N.:
                          i thought manual transmision had no torque converter......call me crazy.<hr></blockquote>

You are correct, not crazy. The above is a joke against mr. palmer.
                          1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Yeah, i would have to say if you are spending the money might as well get the 3k stall and be happy with it the first time.

I have the precision industries 3k stall on my car and it definetly drops your times down a whole bunch. I took 3 tenths alone off my 60' times.

Zach
                            97 Mustang V6 Auto<br />PI 3000 Converter-Aluminum DS-4.10\'s-FMS T-lok-ASP UD Pulley-Flowmaster Duals-BBK 65mm TB-Stage 3 Upper and Lower Intakes-24lb Injectors-155lph fuel pump-Custom Dyno Tune-NX 75-100 shot<p>Best times: 15.1@87mph on motor<br />13.42@98 on nitrous

Comment

http://www.fasttoys.net/9398fbodytrans.html

Go there look at the 9.5 inch converters and read up on it James. Maybe you need a new converter.. LOL!!! :D
                              2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X