96 M5 and 2002 M5 so freaking different?!?! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 M5 and 2002 M5 so freaking different?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 M5 and 2002 M5 so freaking different?!?!

OK so this past week i drove my mom's new camaro around...the stick feels mushy moving it around, and doesnt feel like it "locks" into place. The clutch pedal is very soft and has a short travel.

Then theres my 96. Its stick moves very freely, but feels like it almost "snaps" into each gear. The clutch is 5 times springier. (I almost popped the clutch driving it after i drove hers for a week).

WTF is up with this? Were the shifters and clutches just that much different from year to year, or did the previous owner of my car install a shifter and a clutch? BTW, my knob is stock.

Adam
    <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Ive driven my friends 95 M5 camaro, and boy his clutch is sooo much stiffer than mine ever was, and it does seem to have a little bit longer travel. Everything on his car is still stock, so Im guessing GM just changed them around.
    1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

I've driven my friends M5 97' Camaro, and his clutch feels a lot softer than mine
      <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

My clutch is 10 times stiffer then my dad's 2k, I smetimes think I am going to put my foot thorugh the floor board on his car, because I push it down so quickly. hell everytime I drive his car first few times out of 1st I ahve some problems...

Same expereince with my old roomates 99 Camro.

Comment

I dunno my 2002 seems fine and notchy.
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Ya the 2002 are mushy with the hydraulic clutch, try driving a old 70 4spd with a racing clutch, you can't even tell if your pushing it in after that.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

is it the diff between a 3.4 and 3.8? thats the only thing i can think of-u siad ur moms was a 95; thats the only one with a chance of being a 3.4, everybody else thats posted has a 3.8
              98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited<br /><br /><br />MODS:<br />180* t-stat, K&N FIPK, mopar ECU,<br />mike leach long tube headers+3\" y-pipe, 3\" all the way out flowmaster 50 series, mopar magnum 2bbl m1 intake manifold, APS 52mm throttle body, powerslots, 2 JL 10w3\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X