A4 won't shift when it's supposed to! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A4 won't shift when it's supposed to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 won't shift when it's supposed to!

hey, i have a 96 A4 just replaced plugs and wires
    and it did this b4 and it still does it... I'll be driving and the RPM's would be up around 3500 and it doesn't shift, it will just hold at 3500-4000... why is it doing this... it will do this when shifting (i believe) from first to second... but when it goes from second to third it stays there even longer. the only thing i can do it let my foot off the gas to let the RPM's down. ANYONE have any IDEAS b4 i get some $$ and take it to the shop to get ripped off?

thx, J
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

if i were you id change the trannsmission fluid. If your the original owner than you would know if its been changed but if you are buyin a used car you really have no idea about the past treatment of the vehicle..I say change the tranny fluid and put new filter and see how that treats you..

PS when we did this to my moms expedition the shift became much faster and felt over all much smoother.

Jeff W

Comment

:rolleyes: umm....
      how do u change the transmission fluid?
      [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: SuprSpdDB7 ]</p>
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Look below a couple posts, or it might be moved by that time, look for a post called "Recommended Tranny Service" i discussed how to change the transmission fluid. I suggest you buy a chilton's manual for your car at a pepboys or something. It'll become your favorite book and you can learn how exactly you can do a lot of the stuff on your car. If you want to keep your transmission working well too get a transmission cooler, they are very affordable and will give your transmission a great life. Look over at jegs.com, I got the permacool thinline 20,000gvw. Only 35.99 and it's really easy to hook up.

Ted

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: Ted ]</p>

Comment

Maybe your VSS(Vehicle Speed Sensor, located at the tail of the tranny) sensor is going out? It's responsible for telling the tranny when to shift.

Comment

Take it jiffy lube, they can change the fluid for like $60.

Comment

Hey mine seems to do that every once in a while as well I have a 96 A4 to. Most of the time I just have to WOT for a sec and it won't do it. Also changing the Tranny Fluid could help.
              <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X