Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 rear end

Hey guys.

Ok this guy wants to sell me a rear end with 4k miles on it for $600 bux He is including everything I will need for the install, is this a good deal?

thanks
    \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

I got my z28 rear end for 300 bucks, most guys on here have got a rear for 300 bucks. Although with only 4k miles, i dunno, that is like new yet i suppose, the one I got had more than that. But if you don't care about miles, just look around more and you can find rear ends for 300 bucks instead of paying 600 for it
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

thanks, yeah I'm really looking for like 100 bux
      \"I\'m going to torment you beyond the end of time, and hit you with a steamroller!\"

Comment

I see you have 3.42s and lsd already, what exactly are you trying to get with another rear? Maybe just buy new gears then instead of a new rear if you just want different gears. Those are around 100 bucks
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

in case u didnt know, the LS1 rear end is exactly the same as the ones in the v6...if u already have 3.42's then why are you lookin for a rear end??
          <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WickEdSix9838:
            in case u didnt know, the LS1 rear end is exactly the same as the ones in the v6...if u already have 3.42's then why are you lookin for a rear end??<hr></blockquote>

limited slip.

but that is not worth 600

ryan
            1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slow:

limited slip.

but that is not worth 600

ryan
              <hr></blockquote>

I believe if he has the 3.42's stock, he should have the limited slip stock also.

Chris
              <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

Don't think I have 3.42's stock. I meant to change that. I only get one wheel burnouts but I have disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Soooo confusing!!! Trying to find my sticker to see what exactly mine has.

Comment

all 98+ f-bodys have 4 wheel disc brakes.

look at your door code, for a GU# post what it is, (Gu2, GU5, GU6, ect..)

Ryan.
                  1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

I'll check once I get home

Comment

Ok I checked my door and my GU code is: GU6

Hope this helps

Thanks

Comment

gu6 is the code for 3.42 gears.

so that is a good sign.

Ryan.

Comment

oh ok. So that's good. I heard something about tightening a clutch pack in the rear? Could that be the reason I only get one wheel burnouts?

[ January 30, 2004: Message edited by: 2002firebirdguy ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            5 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X