what all do i need to change 3.08 gears to 3.42?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what all do i need to change 3.08 gears to 3.42??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what all do i need to change 3.08 gears to 3.42??

i am planning on changing my stock 3.08 gears to some 3.42's and lsd. i am confused about what to get. correct me if im wrong, but i THINK i need:

1.) Motive Performance Gears, 3.42 Gear Ratio, 3 series carrier, GM 7.5" 10 bolt rear end (from thunderracing for $195)
    2.) Ring, Reluctor Camaro/Firebird (ABS) P/N: 26029 (from slponline.com for $19.95)
    3.) Differential, O.E.M. Zexel-Torsen Camaro/Firebird P/N: 64501T (from slponline.com for $99.95)

and if i want to fix my speedometer, the jet scu2000. anything else? is all this gonna work together right? im paying a shop $175 to install the parts for me. anyway, if anybody who has done this can please help me out, i would apreaciate it a lot!!! thanks so much!

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Majestic43 ]</p>

I've done the swap myself. It's all in the sig. you got the major parts covered. There are some small misc parts you might need, but let the shop buy it. New pinion nut, new crush sleeve, and good idea to check your pinion seal and replace it if it's looking worn. No sense in buying the whole install kit. If you want GM Motive gears I got an extra set I won't be needing. Brand new still in the box $165 plus shipping. Sounds like you got a killer deal on install. In these parts it's $250-$300.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply dom! so i have the right stuff in mind huh? i may want those gears you have for sale, ill let you know. are they the ones i need? are they the same as the ones im planning on getting from thunderracing, just a different brand? the only reason i dont buy them right off from you is because im still afraid im gonna order the wrong stuff, so at least if i order them from a retailer, i can return it. lol!

anyway, anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

Comment

They are identical. Same brand and all.

Comment

dom, youve got mail [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X