Final Clutch Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Clutch Decision

Ok, ive been researching as hard as i can for a clutch these last few days as mine has about 100 miles left on it at the most before it falls out
    but my question is this
    im ordering the clutch today, to get it installed monday, ive narrowed it down between SPEC(star performance eng. clutch) and a centerforce
    now im not pulling alot of power yet, im only running a 15.6ish quarter at my crappy altitude, but i do plan on running a 75-100 shot eventually....
    now the star stage1 and stage2 are priced pretty close together 309 and 379 respectively from thunder racing, and a local performance shop here has a centerforce dual friction for i believe 369
    so im looking for anyone's experience with any of these clutches, as they are the route i need to go

also, i dont think it does, but should the centerforce come with a TOB or no? i "THINK" the spec clutches do although i could easily be mistaken on that, so if it doesnt come with a TOB i need to buy the clutch assymbley, tob, pilot bearing, and when i have the tranny dropped ill check the rear main just to see if its leaking, if it is ill drop it out and replace it as well

but if anyone has any experience with these let me know, i want the best clutch i can buy that i will be able to get at least 50k out of, since my stock clutch hit 57k miles with quite alot of racing on it
    thanks for any help you can give me
    Jhonathan
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

anyone........?
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Ull love the centerforce. its awesome, got mine in yesterday,, i hadda order the TOB speperatly, but it is the same exact as the stock one.. (p/n's and all) but to be safe, just get the centerforce TOB..

go with centerforce, a handful of us got them and so far no complains.. other then my neck might be aching neck week.. this clutch grabs HARD!!!!

like, i was like "holy mother pucking shist!" hehe

hope that helps
      dave
      03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X