PI Vigilantee pump#7 flash stall 4200 review - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PI Vigilantee pump#7 flash stall 4200 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PI Vigilantee pump#7 flash stall 4200 review

I had a chance to test drive the 3600 pump #7 Vigilantee. It flashes at 4200, so that's what the real stall is. Car had a blue bottle in the back, but I was not allowed to flip any switches. :( I was tempted since it was dark and I had my hand on the shifter, just millimeters away. :D It was a on a LS1 that has every bolt on, full drag suspension(Hals, BMR poly LCAs....).

Pump #7 = 3.0 STR

It hits very hard off the line. Thanks to Hals set to 1 in the front and 4 in the rear I was seeing the moon quiet often.

The test. No traction on the street on WOT launch. Kuhmos make noise on my car but it still moves forward. With this converter Kuhmos didn't move the car anywhere. I had to partial throttle the launch. The car moved like you wouldn't believe. It's like my car on a 200 shot. Downshifts almost threw me back into the seat. I was very impressed. I love this converter. Talk about passing power. Instantly I'm at 5K+ and flying past cars. Drivability was very good. I put it in reverse and it moved before even applying the gas. Just like a stock converter. In drive I didn't really test it with no gas. I was too impatient to apply alot of gas. The converter locks up at about 45mph. If you slow down it will stay locked so RPM are around 1.5K or so. Just like a stock conveter. I would have no problems at all daily driving a 4200 stall. It's only noticable when on the gas. It PULLS!!! When just crusing, it's not that noticable. Very drivable.

I'm not recommending this high of a stall on a V6. Just trying to easy some of your fears that a high stall is for track only.

Maybe I should get this converter. ;)

Dom, I told you 4K wasn't that bad.. I don't know where you got that whole "reverse" issue.

As I've told you before, STR is not determined by the Pump #. My old #7 was around a 2.4 or so I think.

Call up Vicki@PI and ask her how they determine STR and Stall Speed on their converters.. It's a big secret. Kick *** customer service though!

- Keith
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

HOLY SHIAT thats alot of stall

i drove a LS1 with a 3200 vig that stall about 3600 and that was insane!! the launch just feels so good

ive now decided to get a PI when i get the money but a 3600 or so would be fine for me :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X