transmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission problem

I was cruising at about 2 rpm and the car started to jerk. Also when I get to about 3 rpm, the automatic transmission should go to a higher gear, but it wont no matter how fast you are going. I checked the transmission fluid and it looked fine. Of course there wasn't a check engine light so when I ran a code check praying for a code, there wasn't any...Do any of you guys got any ideas?
    98 Camaro<br />Ravin Exhaust<br />Holley Powershot Filter<br />Raised Air Box Lid<br />Free Ram Air Mod

You need to be more specific. In 1st gear you get up to 3K and it won't shift up? You only have 1st?

Comment

What gear do you have your auto in? If you have it at the last one, it wont shift outa first untill rev limiter, next up is 2nd, same thing but it will shift normally in first, and then not shift OUT OF 2nd untill rev limiter, next up is 3rd, same thing, but it wont go into 4th (overdrive) until rev limiter

try driving in over drive (the one right after nuetral [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and see if it shifts

sorry if this seems a little "elementary" but im just getting some obvious stuff out of the way for the smart guys heh
      1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X